How long does it last?
- Each anti-wrinkle treatment session takes less than 30 minutes.
- Tiny syringes are used to precisely place the substance into the muscle.
- A small scratch, rather than a sting is usually felt. The injection is not painful like a normal injection or vaccination.
- Local anaesthetic cream may be used to alleviate the sting felt during treatment if requested, but the large majority of people don’t feel this is required.
- Immediately after treatment you will have slight pinkness that rapidly resolves and makeup can be applied immediately after. It is best to refrain from rubbing the area for several hours afterwards or performing vigorous exercise to avoid dispersing the injection to other muscles.
- Immediately after injection you can go straight back to work and resume normal activities with the exception of that mentioned above.
You will notice the effect of the treatment gradually anywhere from 2 to 7 days after injection. It will not interfere with your normal activities. Benefit lasts around 4 months. Studies demonstrate that when performed at regular intervals the duration of effect increases and amount needed in the future becomes less. Are there any problems with anti-wrinkle injections?
Minor bruising at the injection site may occur but can be covered with makeup. There are rare short lived potential site-specific problems (such as eyelid or eyebrow droop) but there are no permanent side effects from this treatment. This is a safe treatment and is reversible. The treatment has been used in the medical industry for over 4 decades. No adverse long-term problems have been reported.